TransApline - Run vazut de acolo - Team Inov8

descrierea primelor zile de la TAR 2011 traite de echipa TEAM INOV-8 GORE-TEX FOOTWEAR; Joe Symonds si Lennox Jethrodin GB; Sunt o echipa puternica care cu siguranta va fi pe podium daca problema cu genunchiul lui Joe nu se va agrava!
Vad ca au mers destul de bine azi si au venit pe locul 2 la aproximativ 10 min de spanioli!
1. TRANGOWORLD GORE-TEX SPAIN II, Spanien 3:49.47,7 (210)
2. TEAM INOV-8 GORE-TEX FOOTWEAR, Schottland 4:00.01,6 (320)
3. TransMallorcaRun TEAM, Spanien 4:09.09,9 (264)

"it was more like we went round the mountains rather than over them" ( despre modificarea rutei de azi - Etapa 3, din cauza ploii!)

povestea lor de ieri aici:
Transalpine Run 2011 stage 2 - 53km/2,400m climb
"Today was the longest leg of this Transalpine run and took us from Hirschegg to Schruns in Austria. The 53km contained three substantial climbs with the usual stunning alpine backdrop. It was going to be a tough one.

Joe and my plan was to keep up with the leading Spanish team and see what happens after around 40km. The plan worked till around 32km when they pulled away half way up the second climb. They were climbing very well but we were descending stronger than them. The next descent was a massive 1,200m descent - I was confident that we could catch them. They were around 3 minutes ahead at the top and by the bottom we had cut the lead to around 30 seconds. Most of the way down I had been shouting at Joe that we we catching them. I was unaware that in the chase he had fallen and badly cut his leg hence not been able to catch them as quickly as we had hoped.

The final 600m climb was hard for everyone running in the race and we walked most of it. We thought the Spainards he pulled clear of us so gained hope when we saw them just ahead. With a long descent to the finish I thought a stage win was possible. Likely slowed by the blood coming out his leg Joe struggled over the last undulating 5 km and we ended up 4:49 minutes behind and area now 18 minutes behind. The battle at the front has meant we have moved well clear of third place.

Joe went straight to the medical tent and was rushed to hospital. There he was given 12 stiches and told that he could not walk for 10 days. Being a doctor he questioned this and asked for a consultant who agreed he could run if he must and so the race goes on. Hopefully tomorrow will not be another medical report about Joe. "

No comments: